This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Dragoste Din Tei

You've all heard it. Probably over, and over, and fucking OVER, until you're ready to claw out your eardrums. For most of you it's become and avatar of evil (which naturally means I like it a lot). What is it, you ask? You know. You KNOW. Two words....

Numa....

....Numa

Ahh, I can already hear the screams. It's a Romanian song. The name of the song is not "Numa Numa," it's Dragoste Din Tei. It was originally performed by The Outlaws, but most people know it by Ozone. Apparently it's the exact same thing either way, just two different bands. I hunted up the lyrics and translated them (yay for online translators!). Dragoste Din Tei means "Love from the Linden Trees." Don't ask me what a Linden tree is, I've no fucking clue and I'm not too interested in looking it up. The entire song is a cell-phone call, so you should know the following: "beep" means cellphone signal, or call. Another thing: You should really listen to the song on a pair of headphones/earpieces. It sounds a lot better and there's some stuff most people would miss on a regular set of PC speakers. I don't have a link to the song here, but trust me, you can find it anywhere. A good place to look is on Flashplayer.com. The Napoleon Numa Dance is really funny.(Well, shit. I guess I do have a link.) It's a Flash movie, so those of you with slow computers are advised to get the hell out there and UPGRADE, you little punks! Anyway, here are the original lyrics (posted without permission! I'm a REBEL!!).

Chorus 1 (4 times) [these don't actually mean anything, they're just sounds]
Miya-hee
Miya-hoo
Miya-ho
Miya-haha

Verse 2
Alo, Salut, sunt eu, un haiduc,
Si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
Alo, alo, sunt eu Picasso,
Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic,
Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.

Chorus 3(2 times)
Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei,
Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei.
Chipul tau si dragostea din tei,
Mi-amintesc de ochii tai.

Verse 4
Te sun, sa-ti spun, ce simt acum,
Alo, iubirea mea, sunt eu, fericirea.
Alo, alo, sunt iarasi eu, Picasso,
Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic,
Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.
So, yeah, that's it. Some of you might be hearing it in your head right now. If you don't like the song then I HOPE you're hearing it your head, 'cause you deserve it, you uncultured prick. But to most people in the US, or at least all the people who read the utter shit I post, have no fuckin' clue what any of it means. So, here you go. Remeber, it's all a cell-phone call.


Chorus 1 (4 times)
Miya-hee
Miya-hoo
Miya-ho
Miya-haha [These still don't actually mean anything. What, did you think random sounds in Romania would be words in English? No? Then why are you still reading this?]

Verse 2
Hello, greetings, it's me, an outlaw,
I ask you, my love, to accept happiness.
Hello, hello, it's me, Picasso,
I sent you a beep, and I'm brave [Possibly strong. It came out both ways.],
But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.

Chorus 3(2 times)
You want to leave but you don't want don't want to take me, don't want don't want to take me, don't want don't want don't want to take me.
Your face and the love from the linden trees,
And I remember your eyes.

Verse 4
I call you, to tell you what I feel right now,
Hello, my love, it's me, your happiness.
Hello, hello, it's me again, Picasso,
I sent you a beep and I'm brave [again, might be "strong"],
But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.
See? Wow, huh? That's really kind of deep. I like it. It actually seems to mean something, and it's not all about pseudo-rebellion (see also: those faggots Green Day), or how your dog done left ya, and your wife done left ya, and your truck broke down (see also: country music), or how wonderful and perfect America is (see also: the really bad country music that makes me nauseous), or bitches, drugs, guns, bling, and cars (see also: just about any rap song).

Lots of you know that I listen mostly to older music, like RUSH (all hail Lifeson, Lee, and Peart) and Pink Floyd, and the Beatles. Old lyrics fit the song and generally mean something. But I also like dance music, 'cause there's usually no lyrics to screw up the song. Well, that and I'm a computer geek so anything digital makes me drool. At the same time, I like foreign music, like J-rock (Woot for IZN, channel 75 on local cable!) and Russian Communist propaganda music (those "evil commies" sure knew how to compose a good march). I can't understand the words so I don't start analyzing the hell out of them and ruining them for myself. Oh, the music's also pretty good, too.

No comments: