This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ehhhh.... college?

So, if you didn't know, I'm a senior in Highschool, planning to graduate. This means within a year, I, and many of my closest friends, are going to be heading to one college or another every morning, Monday through Friday. I'm not sure I'm happy about this. I know most people aren't happy about change, but I like to think I'm one of the few people who embrace change, just for the challenges it brings. So, while I'm happy that I will likely be away from home, and attending classes that I will enjoy, I'm a bit... not frightened, men aren't allowed to be frightened. Let's say worried.

Now, Ids hazard a guess that at this point most of you are thinking I'm worried that I'll be away from home. F*ck that shit, I want to get away from here. What bothers me about moving out of here is that I will be away from my friends, my teachers, all the people who keep me sane.

I'm not sure where I'll go to college. I'm looking real closely at Brazosport College and Lon Morris, both of which are two-year. I was impressed by the Honors program presentation at U of H the other night. Also, it has been suggested that I attend college in California, which might be pretty cool too. After all, that's where Bigfoot is. I'd like to get that sucker skinned and stuffed. Plus I think I'd be much happier there than here, location-wise, and there's at least one person there who could keep me sane. I think the best plan I have for now is to go to BC or Lon Morris for a year, then transfer to either UofH or somewhere in California. Two of the people who are instrumental in my maintenance of logic, reason, and control will be going to BC, so that looks most likely right now.

But I think I'd be a bit... lost... without some of the people around here. Jake is moving to Georgia, or at least he wants to. I don't think I could take Georgia for very long. I've never been good at suffering fools, and hillbillies are near the top of that particular list. I've not heard plans from anyone else, but I know someone who's already going to school in another country. I expect that I'll be near enough to someone that we could talk, but I'm not sure it'll be someone I'll want to talk to.

I suppose I could keep in touch with blogs, email, and Instant Messaging, but you know as well as I that it's not the same. I guess it would be worse for people talking to me, since I refuse to use chatspeak and emoticons. I have little enough emotional involvement as is, and I don't need to confuse people with such foolishness as emoticons. I don't use chatspeak because it's just another perversion of the english language, and screws up what the rappers haven't destroyed already.

Anyway.... I'm sure I'll do good in college, much better than highschool. At one point someone thought I was "talented," so I got to take the ACT in junior high. Apparently my test scores were rather impressive. I took the SAT not too long ago, and did rather good, excepting math, of course. I just took the ACT again last weekend, and though the math was a small slice of hell, I think I did better this time. I'm hoping my test scores will be enough to get me some kind of scholarship, 'cause my grades sure as hell won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found it eerie to discover we use the same blog skin. It's like meeting yourself coming around a corner.