This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hey, folks, guess who got dropped off at home in a squad car last night?

That's right, they finally got yours truly into one of those rust buckets. I was hanging out with some kids from the school, and before I hooked up with them, a mailbox had been broken. The kid who did it, we'll call him "A," had been skating along, and jumped off his board to run alongside it. He hit the curb funny and slammed into the mailbox, taking it off about halfway up. Rather than simply going up to the house and telling what happened, they took off running. I joined up with them shortly after. A kid who lived in the house saw what happened. He and his brother started following us around in a truck, keeping to the streets where they could see us, while we went off the roads into the ditches.

No, that's not stalking at all.

Anyway, we went into this large, empty park, and the truck drove by. A few seconds later, the cops showed up. By the time I knew what was going on, and turned around, the guy was already getting out. He tells us to get against the car, then says, "I just want you boys to know that if you run from me you'll be in some big fucking trouble." Right there I knew that I, personally, was in little to no trouble. If the cop was that relaxed, and wasn't screaming, I was good since I didn't do anything. I know now that we most likely could have run, and gotten away, since we know the area better than any cop, and know a couple dozen good places to hide, but at the same time I'm glad we didn't. I was a bit impressed that they'd actually caught us, and I guess I didn't want to tarnish their moment.

So, he takes us to the house, and the little kid, a friend of my brother's, narcs like a little bitch, and apparently added to his story a bit. He said that he had watched for about 5 minutes as "A" had outright attacked the mailbox, punching it, kicking it, smacking it with his skateboard... none of which happened. Now, let me tell you about the two families involved in this incident. "A's" family is not well-off. I mean, unless you're reading this at a school or library, you're paying for an Internet connection, and you bought a PC. That's not cheap, folks. They probably couldn't do that, and this is in an era when everyone and their dog and their dog's fleas have computers. The other family? Two bigass trucks in the driveway, that probably guzzle gas faster than a stoner can empty a twinkie warehouse. Both trucks are driven fairly often. I've not seen into the garage, which means there might be another two cars in there. The house is good-sized, and on the creek, which may be a shitty creek, but it still drives up the property value a bit. The people who live their, or at least their sons, aren't the most law-abding people in this town. I mean, they're not criminals, but their kids drive their dirtbikes in the street (illegal), blow up mailboxes (also illegal), and fire off shotguns in the backyard (what do you think?). Normally, none of this would bother me overmuch, except for a few things. First, the family who's mailbox was replaced by the time it got dark wants to sue the other family.

FOR WHAT, MOTHERFUCKERS?!?!

Second, the family who's mailbox was hit wants the charge upped from criminal mischief, which really isn't that bad, to criminal misdemeanor. And for what? Satisfaction?

IT'S A FUCKING MAILBOX, ASSHOLES!!!!!

Third: I have been told that the kid who saw it gave a statement to the effect that "A" worked the mailbox over. It's not that hard to break a mailbox off, alright? You don't need to hit it, kick it, hit it with a skateboard, and the finally throw yourself at it. All you need is a bat. Now, his lying doesn't bother me much, he's a fucking narc and I have neither respect nor concern for little bitches like him. But the thing that bothers me is that the cops have decided to take away the court case. Apparently "A" has had some trouble before, and is on probation or something. What this means is that the people who were there and are not little attention whores don't get to tell their side of the story, and "A" will be going straight to boot camp... which his family will have to pay for.

* * *

This.... this is why I hate this society. In a culture where one family sues another family, and does their best to destroy a kid's life, all over a fuckin' accident, what's left to respect? What is there for the level-headed people among us to enjoy? I mean, it's fine with me if you enjoy fucking someone else over, but there is a point where you have to fucking stop. Okay? If you're suing a poor family, you don't ever, ever get to talk about morality again. You don't get to share your opinion on gay marriage or religion or arbortion or gun control or drugs or any fucking thing. It pisses me off so much that people can just get away with this kind of thing, and that's why things have to fucking change, right the fuck NOW. Here are our options. You and I, the next generation to be in control, can sit on our asses and wait for our turn, wait for our time to fix everything we've let our parents and grandparents fuck up, or we can do something about it, now, when we still can, and before we're too busy trying to save the last peices of social security and civil rights and our own lives. I've made my decision, and that's why you're reading this. This, right now, is the only way I can try to make things change. The only way I can challenge the status quo and try to fix things. I'll be doing more and more as time moves on, of course, but right now, you all have to make a choice, as to wether you're going to just plod along, or wether you're actually doing something. Wether you're going to let things stay as they are for now, and get worse further on; or if you will do something, ANYTHING, while there's still time.

1 comment:

Dark Avatar said...

A quick update:

--"A" got out of juvy pretty quickly, he did get his court case, and his attorney managed to get all charges dropped.

--There is not going to be a lawsuit out of this one, which is good, because it means we don't have to repeatedly destroy that damn mailbox to make a point.

--To my knowledge, no one has gotten in any kind of trouble over this. Surprisingly, this kind of kills some of what little faith I still have in society.

--One of the kids involved saw his cops a few days ago in traffic, and quite pointedly gave him the finger. Rude? Certainly. Crude? Naturally. Inappropriate? Obviously. Indicative of the decline of our generation? Absolutely. But deserved? Ohhhhh,HELL yes.