This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Renaissance Fair (Faire? Fayr? Fayre? WHO CARES!?!)

I'm going to the Renaissance Fair with my AP Euro class on Thursday. The bus leaves at 6.30 for some little town I've never even heard of; apparently the only thing they have going for them is the fair itself. I was a bit reluctant to go, at first. I figured, there's only three peices to go where you could possibly meet someone even geekier than myself: An anime or videogame convention, which is something I would like to attend; a Dungeons and Dragons mass tournament, which I would never go to, even to save what little soul I have left; and a Renaissance festival. I guess my list is down to two, now.

Anyway, I figured, I already paid my cash for a ticket, so I might as well spend a bit more cash. I bought a costume in a one-shot Halloween store they put up in the mall, where the gap store used to be. I like the costume, it's exactly my kind of thing.

It's a friar's robe.

Isn't that wonderful? You all know me, and know how I'm ultra-critical of religion. I'm the last person you'd ever expect to see dressed as a holy man, right? That's why the costume is so perfect! I'm working on making a large wooden cross to hang from my neck, and I might carve some bible verses into a peice of wood I can whack myself in the face with (three people got that refrence. The rest of you are scratching your heads.). I would have gotten the preist costume at Hot Topic, but it looked more like George Carlin as Cardinal Glick in Dogma than my conception of a renaissance Catholic clergyman. By the way, it looks like Hot Topic is out of the Naruto headbands. If I find out any of you have one, I'm afraid I'll have to kill you and take it off your cold, dead body.

No comments: