This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Some Actually Random Static

This is one of the few posts you'll ever see from me that does not deal with a specific topic. I've got some random things today that I'd like to write about.

Ju57 '(4u53 1'm 80r3d, 7h15 15 wh47 "just 'cause I'm bored" |00k5 |1k3 wh3n 1 u53 7h3 |177|3 F1r3f0x 3x73n510n 1 p1(k3d up 70 7r4n5|473 17 1n70 |3375p34k. ()0p5, |00k5 |1k3 17 d1dn'7 qu173 w0rk. [Mischevious grin]

Today my dad and I went to the Southern Maid donut shop in a nearby strip mall, by Food King. We went in and bought 2 buttermilk donuts, one cinammon twist, a cinnamon roll, and a thing of milk. By the time the nice Asian lady had typed out the individual prices, I'd worked out the price plus tax in my head. I know I claim to suck at math, and I do, but I forced myself to be quick at adding up cash and taxes and such. Anyway, the total came to $4.22 in my head, and $4.64 on the register screen, but my dad started studying the menu, obviously thinking we were being cheated somehow. I kicked him in the shin and he gave up and paid. When I told him in the car that he'd just made both of us look paranoid, he started spewing shit about how the store people cheat white guys and then "hide behind the language barrier." Not only is that mean, it's also a bit racist. But I don't mind the racist bit, as much as I do the fact that this guy, who makes several thousand a year, lives in a good-size house, and has three working cars, is going to worry about being cheated out of a few cents! What in the hell is so important about 42 cents? It's not that he just doesn't want to be cheated on principle, he and mom have been cheating me and outright stealing my money for most of my life. And if the old lady was willing to take the risk of cheating a guy twice her size and his son, who's about half again as big as her, out of so little cash, seems to indicate that she needs that 42 cents. The donuts aren't too good, Shipley's are much better, but this place is just closer to us. I guess my point is that unless that little bit of cash they might be losing is all they need to keep them out of debtor's prison, just let it fucking go, okay? It's not even a dollar, it won't even buy you a soda. Let it go.

Those of you who use blogger may have noticed the ad about making money with your blog by using AdSense. I looked at it, and it looks like they don't need a credit card, and might just mail me the cash. So the question is this: You people, reading my blog, know how much I bitch about money, and the fact that I don't have any. Would you readers ( I sound like I'm writing some kind of newspaper column) mind seeing ads here? I'd feel kind of bad letting the man put stuff on my blog, but I'm getting to the point where I need some way to make money in the interim while I look for a job. So I guess it's up to you. If it's a good idea, tell me; if it's a bad idea, tell me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind ads very much. Your site sucks anyhow. I wonder though if it would work like Google ads where whatever you talk about would be the focus of the ads on the side.

Dark Avatar said...

Fuck adsense. I need to read this agreement shit more carefully. They only pay me when people click on their bloody links. Judging by how often I click on those links, they can go to hell.