This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I was hanging out with Nicolae and his girlfriend last night, and we ran to blockbuster to rent a movie. After puttering about for a while we settled on something that Jake had been recommending for a long time: Boondock Saints. We got back to his house to watch it, but ended up screwing around with his computer. By the time we were ready to actually watch the damn thing, it was time for me to leave. But I went back today, and we sat down and watched it after a while.

It was... beauty. It was funny, and there were dramatic bits. And the philosophy was wonderful and concise. (more on that in a later post) But now.... the best dialouge EVER. I love wikiquote.

"And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my lord for Thee.
Power hath decended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be,
In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti." --prayer of the Saints, right before or after they kill someone, or someone is killed

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints." --Il Duce

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God." --Il Duce

"You Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally-sized men. Kinda makes me feel like Riverdancing. [begins dancing]" --Paul Smecker

"Why don't you make like a tree, and get the fuck outta here?" --Doc

"Fuck! Ass!" --Doc

"[Picking out weapons and gear]
Connor: You know what we need? Some rope.
Murphy: What are you, insane?
Connor: No, I'm serious. Charlie Bronson's always got a rope. In the movies, they've always got rope and they always end up using it.
Murphy: That's stupid. Name one fucking thing you're gonna need a rope for.
Connor:
It's not what they need it for, they just always need it.
Murphy: What's this "they" shit? This isn't a movie.
[Connor picks up a huge commando knife out of Murphy's bag]
Connor: Oh, is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid fucking rope."

"[After Smecker gets a phone call in bed with his gay lover and slaps him]
Paul Smecker: What are you doing?
Hojo: I just wanted to cuddle.
Paul Smecker: Cuddle? What a fag."

"[After Rocco accidentally turns a cat into a splatter on the wall]
Murphy:
I can't believe that just fucking happened!
Rocco:
Is it dead?"


"Rocco:
Me! I'm the guy! I know everyone! I know their habits, who they hang out with! I got phone numbers, addresses! I know who they're fucking, I know where they live! We could kill EVERYONE.
Murphy:
What do you think about it?
Connor:
I'm strangely comfortable with it."

"Rocco: Fuckin'..What the fuckin' fuck..Who the fuck..Fuck this fuckin'..How did you two fuckin' fucks.. FUCK!
Connor:
Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word."


Ahhhh.... such beauty. I'd reccomend the movie to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of blood. And a cat getting splattered across a wall. It's a beautiful movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boondock_Saints. I'm now hoping for a sequel, the movie is teh awesome.

No comments: