This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

The List, Episode II

This is the second edition of my list of people who should be cloned in both body and mind, so that the world may partake of their wisdom (or whatever) after their death. This edition of the list is going to be based on the greatest thinkers, writers, etc, of both our time and eras past.

  • Martin Luther
  • Dante Alighieri
  • Stephen Hawking (thanks Debra)
  • Edgar Allen Poe
  • Larry and Andy Wachowski (sorry, folks, but bear in mind that The Matrix is the only fandom I allow myself.)
  • John Locke
  • Thomas Paine
  • Voltaire
  • Plato
  • Socrates
  • Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes)
  • Scott Adams (Dilbert)
  • Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury)

That's really all I can think of for now. I guess Sunday before noon isn't a good time to make intelligent posts.

Some of you may have noticed that nearly two months have gone by since the first edition of the List, and I stated that I would try to put out a new one every 30 or so days. I'm afraid I'm going to have to change that to the far more rigorous schedule of "whenever I f*cking feel like it."

As always, any names you would like me to add to the list, post it in a comment. The next edition, which I expect to be fairly long, is going to be of Literary character that should be brought to life as soon as possible. If you have something for that list, post it in the comment too. Bear in mind that though I read more than anyone else I know, I may not know the character, and it may or may not end up on the list. By literary characters I mean movie and tv show characters, characters from novels, short stories, etc, and, yes, anime and manga.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Kakashi!!!

...as if you didnt know I would say that!