This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm a bit sick today....bloody damn strep throat. At least, the lady doc told me I'm sick, but I feel pretty good. But, as I said, I'm supposedly a bit sick, so you'll forgive me for watching a news show other than the Daily Show. I was watching the Houston news, and after they reported four or five gruesome and/or violent deaths, they promoed this news spot they were doing later, about wether a Houston law firm had gone too far. Apparently (and I'm not sick enough to sit through the whole thing) the firm convinced a bunch of healthy people they were sick to turn a profit. Now, I personally think they whole question of "business ethics"is pretty much dead. I mean, even the church is getting a little bit blurry. And yeah, before you start to whine about how the church i non-profit, I say to you, bullSHIT. Have you ever seen any real effect of all the money they've gotten from you every week? Other than a bigger goddam church? I rest my case. Oh, and all the mission pictures? Yeah. Fake.

Oops. Sorry, I went off on one of my secular tirades again. I apologize to all of the two religious people who read this stuff.

Anyway, I don't think the "making clients think they're sick" thing is going too far. In fact, I think it's called "Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy."You want to know what I think is going too far? ( I really hope so, because everything up to this point has been me trying to think of how to say the following.) I think "going too far" is those goddam bloody P.O.S. commercials you have to sit through because they like to run them simultaneously on the only two channels with anything good to watch. I'm talking mainly here about firms that are NOT certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. I'm not saying they aren't good lawyers; they might be; I'm also not saying they aren't good people; I don't know them. What I am saying is that the commercials are annoying as HELL. I mean, really, I don't ever see, say, the same Disney commercial twice during the same show. And now what I think about it, you really can't say the commercials "go too far." The firms paid to have the commercials made; they paid to run them. Their money is going to support my TV; I really shouldn't complain. Besides, there are loads of commercials that piss me off, and lawyer commercials are certainly not the worst of all... remember how i was talking about disney earlier? Yeah, you probably get a rant about them next time. Now that they're trying to steal anime, too.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont be sick!!!!!