This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

I haven't posted in for-fucking-ever, eh? I guess I should toss up some random crap to keep the slavering critics off my ass, hmm?

++++++++++

I saw a sign out side of a church today.

"Faith: Seeing the invisible, not the non-existant."

I think they're trying to convince themselves.

++++++++++

How to impress your fellow bar patrons:
1. Order a bottle of whiskey, a few lemon wedges and a large beer mug.
2. Fill the mug with whiskey
3. Take one of the lemon wedges, tip your head back, and squeeze lemon juice into your nose.
4. Drink the entire mugful in a few big gulps.
5. Collect bet money.

++++++++++

So I'm 18 now. This mean I can buy dirty magazines and cigarettes. I have no real interest in either. It also mean I have to register for "selective services," which translates as "the draft." Why is that a fucking law? It's just one more fucking level of control. I'll do it, 'cause I'm gonna need student loans, but I promise I will be the first to burn a draft card if they start that fucker up again. And why do I have to go to the fucking post office, or whatever? I swear they've got my name in a thousand computers, and birthdate, and ASVAB scores. (Jesus Christ, for those of you who haven't taken that, make sure you fuck it up as much as you can or the recruiters will be crawling up your ass for years.) Can't they just sign me up automatically and then send me an email?

"Dear Mr Anderson, we know you hate us and find the government distasteful, but we've registered you for the draft. Due to your ASVAB scores, we've got our eye on you. In fact we're kind of hoping for a draft so we can send you to the front and get you killed, 'cause quite frankly, people with scores as high as you, combined with personalities like yours, scare the living fuck out of us. (Incidentally, have you ever seen Michael Collins? If not, then please don't. We don't want you getting any ideas.) Just thought we'd drop you a line so you wouldn't go on a rampage when your draft card shows up. Oh, by the way, we'll be sending you one of those a week,
'cause we know you're gonna burn the suckers on the library steps. "Best" wishes, the evil Military/Industrial rulers of the good ol' US of A."

Sorry, got off on a bit of a rant there. Sure was fun to write, though.

Finally, it means I'm able to vote. I'm already registered for that. I know that in the end my single vote doesn't matter, but still.... FRIEDMAN '06!!

++++++++++

Speaking of votes, let's have yours! In a fight between Robot Chicken and The Venture Brothers, who would win?

++++++++++

A friend of mine convinced me to start a livejournal. I have made a point of not having one for a while. Live journal and xanga scare me a bit, both full of emos and cutters. But this one is a somewhat worthy cause, written from the POV of Il Duce from Boondock Saints.

Boondock Saints?

BOOOOOOOOONNNNDOOOOOOCKKK!

...
sorry.

http://Duce_MacManus.Livejournal.com

Type it in yourselves, lazy buggers.

No comments: