This is a blog created by a very opinionated guy. I hope you understand 'opinionated,' because that's all the warning you get. So, just remember, if something on this blog offends you, just LEAVE.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Hello Again

Wow. This blog hasn't even been around for a day, and it's already getting comments.

Anyway, I advertise myself as being extremely opinionated. This is a true statement, and it becomes obvious over time. For example, I have very little respect for religion. I used to say I hated religion, but then I realized that some people need it to fill the spiritual void all humand are born with. If they think they will burn in Hell or be reincarnated as a tapeworm for killing someone, so be it. It keeps them from killing each other. Oh wait--never mind. "The opiate of the masses," my ass.

I had some unpleasant experiences with a few people in my parent's church. Not of the truly nasty, disturbing variety; just people being condescending and acting like idiots. Most Christians are good people, but there are those few who are just total jerks abuot god and such. So, after several of these unpleasant experiences, I decided to quit the Methodist church, and religion in general. I became an agnostic. I made a deal with god--I would acknowledge his existence, and he would try to get my parents to stop dragging me to that blasted church.

He's not holding up his end of the bargain.

Goodnight and pleasant dreams of sugar plums for the kids, new golf clubs for Dad, and a Christmas meal without food poisoning for Mom. Which is impossible for my mom. >gack<

No comments: